Wednesday 21 October 2009

A Hard Days Work ...

So, I spent my day yesterday hard at work, trotting (or teetering… my choice of footwear may not have been entirely practical) around Notting Hill Press Day previewing the Spring Summer 2010 collections. A day spent pouring over beautiful garments ahead of their release…it’s a hard job but somebody’s got to do it.

With more than twenty previews to get to it was a hectic day but the calibre of the garments on show from boutiques such as Anonymous, Question Air and Emma Hope was excellent.






Highlight of the day though had to be fashion agents Studio 13; showcasing designers I already knew and loved as well as some new ones for me to lust over. A great new label on show there was Seneca Rising. This American brand is sure to be a big hit in SS 10 with their use of fine mesh knits and delicate fabrics, toughened up with on trend studs. Favoured already with stars such as Nicole Ritchie, Nicky Hilton (above, in a previous Seneca Rising piece) and Leighton Meester, I’m sure that the collection will fly off the rails when it hits Harvey Nichols this Spring.


Another label I hadn’t encountered before was Christopher Fischer. The Spring collection featured lots of soft draped cashmere pieces, which were laid back without becoming sloppy, perfect for layering. I can’t wait to get my hands on them and I am counting down the days until I can buy myself the belted cardigan . At least by the time it hits the shops the weather will have warmed up enough to wear it. Sadly I can't get hold of an image of the belted cardigan but to the right is their gorgeous 'Iman' cardigan which is available now.

Clutching my goodie bag full of gorgeous Nivea body products and with my head full of ideas and wish lists (courtesy of the whole day), my aching feet began to carry me home . One thing is for certain, I will be wearing more appropriate footwear to this weekend’s Designer Warehouse Sales event… only 2 days to go!

TFB x

No comments:

Post a Comment